23/04/2012

Sea creature coursework.

One of the projects in the Train2Game: Art and Animation course has you creating a sea creature design, all the way from concept to a finished game-ready model in all of its lovely, characterful glory.
Long story short, I have decided to make a kind of mermaid, except instead of the bottom half being some kind of fish tail, I have gone with a seahorse tail. This is all accompanied by brown, silky seaweed hair and aquamarine-coloured anemone growth on the creature's torso and wrapping around her left arm. This is a little rough in the concepts, but I will have plenty of anemone photo reference when modelling and texturing.
Check out the planning and concepts I have so far. Actual modelling of my creation will be a little further in to the future, when it is required for the coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment