10/03/2012

A day at Criterion Games?

Criterion Games in Guildford, creators of the Burnout racing series, are opening their doors (sort of) in an open day on 12th April 2012 aimed at final year A-level and first year university students, who are passionate about having a career in the games industry. There are only 30 places available (A mixture of art, programming, design roles etc), so I would of thought the amount of unsuccessful applications heavily outweighs the number of invited applicants. A select few from the open day will also picked for a full work placement at Criterion Games! (Registration for the open day closed on Friday 9th March).
To be in with a chance of being picked for the open day at Criterion you had to send a ZIP file of your CV with a few examples of your work, alongside answering four questions:
- Why do you want a work experience placement at Criterion Games?
- What would be the top 3 learnings that you hope to take away from a work experience placement at Criterion Games?
- How would this work placement opportunity help towards achieving your career goals?
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and why we should choose you above anyone else for this great opportunity?
For me a chance to go to any games studio would be a great experience, but to be able to visit one of the UK's most acclaimed would be amazing, so naturally, I applied. I would take so much from the day to increase my knowledge of the games industry and how it works and also to help me take my work to that next level.
The chances are that I will be unsuccessful (à la Blitz Games open day), but if they can spot someone from a crowd that has bags full of passion for the games industry, an infinite drive to work and learn until they can be the best they possibly can be and see a glimmer of potential from what I have learnt and work I have produced in one short year, then I might just stand a chance, right? You will find out shortly what the outcome of this is...


No comments:

Post a Comment