21/03/2012

My first Zbrush attempt...

I have spent some of my time off from work by kick-starting my studying of Zbrush. So far I had only read about the UI layout, some basic brush functionalities and simple import/export procedures, so diving into creating my first piece was a little bit like having a boxing match in the dark; something bad is sure to happen. After a little while spent testing out some brush and stroke types on a simple sphere, I went straight ahead and set up a simple Zsphere foundation, with the aim of finishing up with a male torso sculpt. This was the result of an hour(ish) work:


The course I study doesn't currently teach Zbrush or Mudbox, so it is absolutely essential to begin teaching myself how to use sculpting programs like these. This is bread and butter knowledge that someone wanting to enter the games industry (Eventually as a character artist) should possess, so expect much more Zbrush work from me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment