20/06/2012

The acid container.

This is an acid container prop that I'm currently working on. I am going for a well-used, realistic look, to make it feel as it would fit in some sort of old industrial factory environment.
Admittedly the tri count could have been lower and that is something I have learnt from through creating this piece so far. This mistake will not happen again.


Update #1: I have now completed the high-poly acid container, the low poly is unwrapped and the normal and ambient occlusion maps have been baked out.


Update #2: I went back and created a 1024x2048 diffuse which have been overhauled (Adding to the normal and specular map too), I also changed some of the geometry.
I'm still working on this in my spare time; I need to finish the diffuse, add to the basic normal map, create a decals map and tweak the glass pane in the door to make it see-through.
 
Update #3: Here is the final Acid Container model. I finalised the diffuse, normal and specular maps and presented the prop using Marmoset Toolbag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment